Sunday, 11 January 2015

Introduction to: Me, Being Mummy.


mummy1


1) the dead body of a human being or animal preserved by the ancientEgyptian process or some similar method of embalming.
2) a withered or shrunken living being.

3) a child's word for mother



Since I can remember, I have wanted to be a 'Mummy'. As you can see from above, there are several definitions of the word, but the one I am referring to is the third option (although am sure a lot of existing Mummies can identify with definition 2!).

Whilst other girls were wandering around in Princess dresses, clutching bouquets and murmuring 'I do's' to an imagined Prince Charming, I was pushing a pram that contained anything that could be nurtured.... including at one time, a rather bemused pet cat!

I had my favourite doll, and was forever rocking him to sleep - after a bottle and a nappy change of course - and I dreamed of the day when the doll would become a real infant, and that I would be able to be called 'Mummy'.

And here I am.... aged 28, currently cruising towards having my first baby, and I couldn't be more happy or excited if I tried. I found my Prince Charming (still yet to murmur 'I do' to him... but it is in the pipeline) and we are embarking on the biggest adventure possible that is known as: Parenthood.

That is what this little corner of the internet is for. I want to document as much as I can, not only for our memory making, but also as a record for future baby to revel in (and perhaps cringe at!) and also, as a sound board for other's out there who may find this interesting.


So... buckle up... this is going to be one fun ride!

Thank you for following, your support is much appreciated,

Lucy Grace xxx



Mwahh! 


No comments:

Post a Comment